View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 01:12 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahfan View Post
I didn't know that...the commercials make it seem like you have to tap it every time. I prefer it on my abdomen vs my arm to be honest. I play many sports and am quite active...only once had a problem when I was moving crazy big stuff and almost peeled it off. I am sure libre is good with customer support...but Dexcom is like Amazon/Home Depot/Costco in one...any issues and no questions send a replacement ASAP. I spend about $250/3 months all in.

They have been pushing for some sort of pump as well...but unless I can control everything from my phone it just wouldn;t be convenient enough for me ....but they have some stuff that might be borderline accpetable (for me) now or soon....so we will see.
Funny how we prefer it in different places for similar reasons.

I just filled a 3 month prescription. For the Libre 3 it is 6 devices as they last 14 days each. For me the price was $224.99 tax included. Without insurance the cash price would have been $440.34 tax included.

When I was researching what one to try I believe the Dexcom 6 or the new 7 could communicate and work together with some of the pumps. None of the Libre models can do that.

I am a type II doing every thing I can to stay off any new medication because of a recent extremely horrible reaction to the Metformin I had been taking for years. Having the real time readings has been beyond helpful in figuring out what I can and can't eat now. My levels can skyrocket really easy now but it is also way easier now to get them back down.