View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 11:38 AM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
They're 3-5 since Kyrie got there, and 3-4 in games Kyrie has played. I believe it's 1-4 when Kyrie and Luka play in the same game. Their one win together was against an absolutely terrible Spurs team.

You can read that a few different ways.

New team-mates, and just about every game is very close. Give them time and they might gel just enough to be successful eventually.

or, they're playing pretty good individually, but with their over-lapping skill sets, it leaves too many holes on the floor with the rest of the team, and they suffer on the defensive and rebounding end, even when they're both playing well offensively.

I think Kyrie is at a point he wants to impress and be a good team-mate...for now. What happens when he loses interest, catches too much criticism, or binge watches a hundred episodes of "The UFO/Bigfoot Files" in a row...is anybody's guess.
Yes, you're right - my mistake. I agree they have time to get things on track, especially with so many teams in the west packed together in the standings.

To me Kidd has never seemed like a great coach, and I'm sure he's doing his best, but man what a task to try and manage those two personalities! Both unquestionable talents, but Luka is still really lacking in maturity IMO and Kyrie is, well, Kyrie ...
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry