View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 06:57 AM
Tom S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Well if you don't like that he charges what everyone else in the music business is charging, then don't go. Don't go to the Super Bowl, or World Series, either. I personally believe he's as stand up as anyone. The big stars tend to make a lot of money, be it music, sports, what have you. Springsteen has his own charity, and gives a lot to that charity, and others. Where's yours? You and Peter have a lot of big money cards. When is the last time you gave one away? The show I went to the other day was a total sellout, standing room only. The one I went to in 1981 was also. As I said earlier on in this thread, there's no middle ground. People either love him, or condescendingly sneer. A lot of people apparently love him. Lots of haters, too.
James,

How can you be a working class hero if you never had a working class job? His image is carefully crafted. His talent was acknowledged. I don't see the hate from those 2 comments. You may need a snickers bar.

What I find concerning is all this talk from politicians about how tough the economy is, yet venues are selling out at inflated prices. Restaurants are full. People are gambling at record rates etc etc etc; yet people can't pay their student loans? credit card debt is at a record high. Default rates on car loans and mortgages are rising.....