View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 05:49 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
$200 is nothing. Prices in NY are are insane. $850 to sit behind the stage. No thanks.

We are supposedly in an an economic disaster in this country. But everytime I look for tickets for a show all of a sudden $500 doesnt get you even a crappy seat. And everyone is driving to the show in a car far better than mine. Makes one wonder.

Seen Bruce more than a dozen times. Not paying $2000 to go with my wife.
I +1 totally agree. There is no chance I would go for that kind of money.

It was a surreal experience for me buying these tickets. I literally watched the ticket prices go up before my eyes on the Ticketmaster app. First there was the weird lottery to get through just to be able to buy tickets. Then I had 2 $150 tickets selected, and in the course of paying for them was notified they were no longer available. Then the $150 tickets I now have went to $175 as I watched. I was able to get these, and as I say, with "fee" and tax, over $200 each. And then it was weird how they went on sale months before the tour began. But I have the tickets, and look forward to the concert. At 73, who knows how long he can keep going. Same for the Rolling Stones. Now with Tom Petty gone, and Christine McVie gone and Lindsey Buckingham out of Fleetwood Mac, you can see the righting on the wall. I admit I am an old fogey; I couldn't give a good hoot about what is coming along after these guys pack it in.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***