View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Default RIPPED OFF BY BRICOL SPORTS AUCTION

Posted By: Rob

I had purchased from Bricol out of 15 consecutive auctions. I frequently saw questionable autographs with Spence LOA's. I tried contacting Spence himself numerous times to have him look at items up for auction with his auction LOA's. He never returned a single call.
Back to Bricol themselves now. I have received many items from them that were deemed as non-authentic (or even pre-printed, lol) afterwards by either PSA or GAI. Up until about 3 auctions ago, Bricol was willing to take them back and apply the purchase amount as a credit toward their current auction. The last batch of items that Shannon had me return to them are still in their possession with me being out the money. That was from 3 auctions ago. The last time I was able to make contact with them (including on their last auction closing day) was almost 2 months ago. I think Shannon accidentally picked up the phone the last time since she told me she would call me right back and that was the last I heard from them. In addition to being out the money for the returned items, I now have a couple of non-authentic signed items and a fake Bazooka Mickey Mantle card that I have lost money on.
Unfortunately this just goes to show that Bricol has been moving a mixed bag of merchandise all along, and now seems to be cutting ties with both consigners and buyers alike. Also, is it possible that Spence was sending blank letterhead to Bricol for their letters? If not, then Bricol must have been switching items out after Spence verification since some of the signatures were so bad that no authenticator could ever have passed them.