View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Default RIPPED OFF BY BRICOL SPORTS AUCTION

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

I realize that I'll be in the minority here, but I will stick up for Bricol. I have consigned my lower-end items to them for about 5 years running now, and have never had a single major problem.

I would not utilize Bricol for high-end goods, but it has been a great way for me to clean out many lower-end pieces (with much less hassle and time-investment than on ebay). The consignment checks come about 35 days after the close of each auction, and have arrived like clockwork, dating back 5 years or so.

For the very few items I have NOT been paid on, the reasons are as follows...

* Item did not sell (in which case it was either returned to me, or put in the next auction with lower minimum bid amount)

* Bidder renegged (this seems to happen on almost 10% of their lots)

Bricol's client base is clearly a notch or two below the big guys, and it is irritating that you must find out about the reneggers after the fact. It is also rather tacky that they charge consignors for return postage, and for JSA authentication (most auctions just eat these costs).

But overall I have done quite well consigning with them, on items that Mastro, Lelands, REA, Heritage, etc. won't even consider listing.

Can you state the reasons Bricol is giving for not paying you? Brian can be a bit tough to get a hold of, but will eventually return emails. And Shannon (his assistant)is usually available, quite nice and helpful over the phone. I know they do get bashed quite a bit, but thought it fair to chime in with my mostly positive experiences.