View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I'm really not a fan of these guys who choose not to sign a particular card because of some built in belief that in the future their family will be able to cash in. You're denying real-time collectors the satisfaction of completing their sets for no logical reason. If you're a fringe guy like Steve Rodriguez, who is really going to be chasing your 1995 UD card?

The 1987 Topps set is iconic so I guess there is some built-in desirability from Ricky Wright's perspective, but not really. Even with a huge iconic set like the 87 Topps set there are still only going to be a handful of people who care to have every card signed. Stop the nonsense already.
Honestly, in my opinion, that’s one way for someone like Ricky Wright to be more well known. A player lost to MLB history is more well known to some, in my opinion, for notoriously not signing his 1987 Topps than he would be if he just signed like many other former players do. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but some people are still talking about him for more than 30 years later. That’s one way to stand out.

Last edited by Topps206; 09-07-2021 at 08:55 PM.