View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 04:31 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Look here, I had a Top Secret clearance in the Navy. I cannot talk about it to any degree, but I know what the Intel community as a whole collects and analyzes. I know how they do it. It really isn't hard to collect and analyze millions upon millions of pieces of info from millions of people, and analyze it. All I am saying is pass that info to law enforcement before, not after. You can stop the vast majority of these events in their tracks. It's that simple. First you have to want to. The lobby and the money make it such that this will go on and on.
It’s my Net54 refrain, but an appeal to authority is not a logical argument. It is not personal, but ‘look here I know’ is not a rational argument. I’m glad it’s so easy though and we can stop tragedies by conducting this constant surveillance and deep checks on half of America (even though they already are subject to background checks). Have the Dems put it into a bill with the specifics of what is to be covered (still vague) now that BATFE is missing in the existing check.

There’s no evidence that background checks work or actually stop shooters, and significant evidence that they don’t. Do we really believe that a person who wants to shoot up a school will just give up if denied by the local gun store, and follow the law?