View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 01:55 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
I've participated in a couple of their auctions including this recent one. I've had nothing but positive experiences. I use them on the LiveAuctioneers platform. Even though it says "wire transfer only" on many of the listings, I was able to pay the invoice using a credit card through LiveAuctioneers. 25% BP isn't great but I've had a number of AH charge 20% For me, accurate descriptions, good photos and good service are worth a few extra percent. That said, I still managed to get a few bargains (even accounting for the BP)., My previous wins were well packed and shipped quickly. They responded quickly to my email after the auction about shipping options too.
As I said, this was one of the best auction experiences I've ever had in terms of snagging bargains, and they are clearly a big-time professional AH. As long as I end up with great stuff at half or less of the current market value, they can charge me a 50% BP and I'll still be bidding like crazy in their auctions. I would never consider consigning with them, however, and although they got my money yesterday about this time, I haven't heard a word about shipping, so I'm calling it a mixed bag with these guys. As I titled my first response: "Strange Auction."