View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
But my point is that the only difference I see between submitting and re-submitting hoping for grade increases, vs. an in-person meeting with a grader, would be to influence that grader (and, psychologically, there are many tactics that can be employed to get someone to see things "your way" that don't overtly use the scenario I suggested above.)
Agree. I guess one key issue is how, in practice, does it all actually take place. So we know PSA goes to the big shows and sets up shop to do same day turn around without people having to put their precious items in the post. But does it happen as plainly as the email stated, that they "meet with graders", or was that an inarticulate and imprecise way to explain what seems more likely to me (granted just guessing and I've never been to see it): that the actual graders are behind the scenes (and chained to their chair given the quotas they are presumably forced to maintain), with the special tables, lights and magnifiers setups that are required, and it's just the front-facing staff that are receiving the submissions and making notes about whatever concerns/suggestions the submitter has.

I don't exactly like the above either, but that would not be as bad as the other visual, which is the VIP submitter actually standing over the grader while squinting through the same magnifier, with a hand on their shoulder...