View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Tim Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Tim, This has become one of my favorite threads: I get excited when I see your latest posts. All are great - I love that 56 Clemente...seems like that card was just meant for you. And, that Smilin' Mick Dan-Dee! And much thanks for the hi-res close-up on the Ryan. - Paul
Thank you, Paul. The 50's selection has been very kind to me. I have worked the '52 Bowman Musial, '54T Aaron, '55T Clemente, '56 Clemente, '51B Mays, '51B Mantle, and that DanDee Mantle. I'm currently working on others from the '50's as well. I agree - the designs and portraits from these cards lend themselves to being prime candidates for what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Again Tim...A-mazing work! And I love my e95 cobb you made for me! Your work reminds me of chuck close.
Thanks, Pete! Can't believe that is still the only Cobb card piece I have done. I'm sure one of those T206's or the Cracker Jack is on the horizon. As for Chuck Close, he is definitely an inspiration to my work. I first saw his self-portraits in an Art Education class from a local community college way back when. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
I read on Facebook that you had about 250,000 commons and didn't need anymore right now when someone offered them up. I hope someday you will need more because these works are great to look at!
250K is is an extremely close estimate (from counting 5K & 3500 ct boxes). When I moved to Conway, SC, a former shop owner heard about what I was doing and offered up his surplus. That makes up of roughly half my inventory. I had another local ask if I wanted his cards about a year ago. He understood the era in which they were printed. I gained another 60-65K that day. I still purchase commons if I need specific colors - especially the boxed sets like TTraded or Donruss "Rookies". Those purchases are few and far between.

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart