View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 10:23 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
How would you like to be the guy who dropped $312,000 on a 2006 Lewis Hamilton Futera card a few months ago, only to have his 2005 F3 card from Formule surface at action this month? I knew that card existed, but had never seen one for sale before.

https://goldin.co/item/2005-formule-...-none-lowlrkqt

I am not much of a fan of magazine cards, but $12,000 (and only three bids) right now for that card just seems way cheap compared to what his Futera card sold for a few months ago.

On a similar note, more Hamilton Futera cards are now coming out of the woodwork. I had not seen one for sale for years, but the current Goldin auction has two more up for bid.

Interesting. I don't think I was aware that card even existed.

I was wondering when more Futera's would come out. They are not common, but I'm pretty sure they had a reasonable print-run.

So far it appears Hamilton's 1st known appearances in Cards goes as follows:

Formula 3 Series - 2005 Formule (Czech publication)

Formula 2 Series - 2006 Futera

Formula 1 Series - 2007 Formule (thanks Eddie S.), 2008 Formule, 2008 Ravensbuger "Pole Position" Game card , 2009 SI For Kids Card, 2009 Top Trumps Card, Whatever 2020 Topps card you want to add to this list (Pick your poison)

I think there's another one in there, that gives even me the willies, that I'm not listing.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 08-16-2022 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Edited for suggested additions