View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Any thoughts on this one? I never understand why on some of these there is a grade for the card but not the auto, and some vice versa, and some both, is it a question of how much someone is willing to pay to get it graded?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18540420271...UAAOSwvZZiadey
I'll take a shot at answering some of your question.

This applies to autographed cards certified from the company; Topps, Panini, etc. With SGC when they grade an autographed card, they will also grade the autograph if it is in mint or above (I think that's what I was told) at no charge and note the grade for both on the label. With PSA they will also grade the company issued autographed card but charge a fee. The PSA label will reflect both grades, regardless of the numeric value assigned.

If the card has been privately obtained, PSA will charge you an autograph authentication fee - if it passes - it would then be graded (which you would be charged) - and then the card would be graded (which you would be charged). The label would then reflect both the autograph grade and the card grade. Beckett is comparable to PSA. I don't know how SGC does it.

Confusing to say the least. Hope it helps and someone please correct me if I'm wrong.