View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 07:01 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

I dislike it for many reasons:

1) Long extra inning games are fun
2) It feels to me, even after three years of it now , incredibly artificial. (Like they introduced an element that shouldn't be there)
3) It violates a fundamental rule of the game - you have to reach base in order to score
4) As others have stated, it messes with stats in a way that seems goofy

I get that MLB is trying to shorten games, but as fans, don't you want more of the game? I honestly would have preferred games to end in a tie after 12 innings than this.

And one other point that struck me - the fact that they will only do this for regular season games, to me, is a tacit admission that the idea is silly: "Oh, don't worry fans, we'll still play real baseball in extra innings when the games actually count"
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry