View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 11:54 AM
Mike P.ap

Default No....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
You seem to be going out of your way to make fun of the original poster’s purchase. Leaving aside that it seems a bit mean, what’s the support for it being a bad purchase?
I'm just surprised at your comparison that this card is like a blue chip investment with 72 copies. I pulled these out of packs in 1979. I don't think it's a solid investment but we differ in that opinion. To each his own. I feel that someone will pay $1000 or more for the card and their money will be dead for years. Kind of like buying Govt Securities. No fun or pun intended.

It was not a bad purchase as he got his money back in full after albeit some pressure from others. He got a bit lucky and I'm glad for him. No one wants to be robbed by anyone!

In the comparison of the 1979 Set, the Reggie card is ranked 10th in terms of PSA 10s meaning there are only 9 other cards that have a higher PSA 10 Pop. In an almost 700 card set, that seems to be a bit high. 10th highest PSA 10 Pop and the pop number 72 is not a rare number when you are talking 1979 Topps Baseball. T206 Wagner ? Yes that's rare. Admittedly there is a 1.5 million dollar difference in the 2 so apples to oranges! lol, my bad!

I'd park my money elsewhere. Thats all. That's me! To each his own!

Peace and Thanks! Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 10-17-2021 at 07:16 PM.