View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:59 PM
Fred

I've had a few auction winnings with Probstein and all went well.

The assumption is that this is a graded card. Make sure you have the picture of the card, the auction item description and cert number.

Keep an eye out for the card being sold on ebay or an auction.

A few possibilities:
1 - The item was not shipped and is still at Probstein's. In this case you can only hope the item is located and shipped to you with a huge apology.

2 - The item was accidentally shipped in the wrong package and the recipient wasn't honest enough to contact Probstein. If the person that possesses the card is stupid enough to sell it on ebay, you'll see it and you'll have something to start working on with Probstein (like was the current seller of the card a recipient of a recent Probstein auction winning).
3 - Shipping department associate pocketed the card and will keep it or try to sell it.

I would have to believe that it wasn't intentional on Probstein's part because a big seller wouldn't want something like this hanging over their head. Did you research how many other claims are similar to yours for Probstein? If it is a one-off event then it'll be hard to prove any wrong doing by Probstein. If it is a common occurrence then all you can do is hope ebay sees this and Probstein launches their own internal investigation into this.

This really sucks because if the card doesn't show up, YOU get screwed, royally.

I sure hope it's still at Probstein's and they locate it.

Good luck!