View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Yes this auction there was no true reason for the highs and not so high on some of the cards

Like to me this card where Ruth looks like he is a cartoon in prison went for $28k.

Unique for the Grade” & the Finest 1933 R337 Eclipse Import #402 Babe Ruth PSA 7 NM – “Pop 1” & the Highest Graded Example for ALL 24 SUBJECTS on the Combined PSA & SGC “Pop” Charts!

On the flip side I thought who ever won the Felix Mendelssohn Ruth for $43k did really good. I thought the price was light.

The 2 1926-29 Ruth Exhibit Postcards 1 went for less then 5k and 1 less then $4k. I think those buyers did well also.

The Goudey Ruth’s and the 1921 and e121 Ruth’s throwing pose seem to go for strong prices.

The 1922 w575-1 Ruth throwing pose seemed to go for less than I thought it should have

Then there was the 1933 Cigar Ruth and the 1922 e121 photo montage Ruth I believe those went for about the right price
I was bidding on several of those Ruths. The 1922 w575 I would have much a much stronger play for had I not spent the same amount on the Michael Jordan/Lebron James dual auto card. Had someone bid me off of that card, I was planning to win that Ruth. It was still quite a bit lower than I would have gone on it. I pegged it in the $45k-$60k range value-wise. And yes, I thought that Felix Mendelssohn Ruth went cheap as well. I felt under bankrolled and underprepared for this auction. I think there were a lot of opportunities missed in this one.