View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 04:05 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

There were a lot of strong sales in this auction, but there were quite a few bargains as well.

I don't know what comps are for it, but the 1955 Bowman Mantle PSA 8 selling for $12k sure seems like a hell of a bargain to me considering the PSA 9 sold for $375k. The Mike Trout blue auto refractor RC selling for $20k seemed like a steal to me as well. The Dan Marino BGS 10 Pristine RC selling for just $4.8k while the PSA 10 sold for $6.8k was a great score. Whoever consigned that is going to be pissed lol. I saw quite a few good deals on some of the more modern cards, especially non-baseball.

I won a few cards. About half vintage, half modern. I got the Sport Kings Ruth, a 33 Goudey Ruth, a 53 Topps Mays, and a ticket stub to Jackie Robinson's last game (1956 World Series Game 7). I also picked up some basketball cards. My biggest purchase was a dual signed Lebron James RC that was signed by him and Michael Jordan. That's the only card I went over my budget for, but it really has no comps. I was prepared to pay almost anything for it, within reason. It was the only "I have to have this one" card in the auction for me. Really excited for that one to show up. It's probably my new favorite card in my collection. Other than that, I grabbed a Steph Curry Gold RC, a Kobe jersey patch auto card, and a Lebron Topps Chrome RC that I really didn't need but just thought the price was too good to pass up.