View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 07:46 AM
St.eve Sus.sman

The lifelong Dodger fan in me obviously picks them to win it. And the objective baseball observer in me agrees. I'll take Buehler, Urias, and Scherzer in any series where a trash can isn't involved.

But as much as I despise the Giants, I have to tell you why their manager, Gabe Kapler, is a class guy. My dad and stepmother have a small, two-unit apartment building behind their house. About ten years ago, they were looking to rent one of the units, and a big, muscular guy showed up. My stepmother asked him if he was an athlete, and he introduced himself and said that he was a baseball player and he lived down the street, but was looking for a place for his brother. My dad said that his son is a huge baseball fan and would be excited to know that he was there. He ended up deciding that the apartment was probably too small for his brother but he'd let him know about it, then left. But a few minutes later, he came back with a couple of autographed cards and asked my dad and stepmother to give them to me. Just a nice guy doing a nice thing.

Last edited by SteveS; 10-07-2021 at 07:55 AM.