View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 03:31 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53toppscollector View Post
I think the big risk is people "forgetting" about you because you aren't front and center all the time. If you only run quarterly auctions, for instance, I think you run the risk of people just kind of tuning out and not remembering when to check back in. If you run 4 big auctions a year quarterly, and you run smaller monthly auctions in between, people are always coming back to your site, they are always checking to see what is running/open, and I think it makes it easier to pump up and market your bigger events.
Gee, I look at it totally the opposite. When you are always running an auction (or it feels that way), I feel less urgency to check in with you, and your auctions seems so less like a special event to me. There is a big major AH now that just has one auction (Special! Super Special! Super amazing!) running right into the last one. In a calendar year seems like they now have an auction running 320 days a year. Don't forget about them . . . just increasingly numb to the hyperbole and sheer volume of it.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 09-22-2021 at 03:33 PM.