View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 04:21 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
If I have time, maybe I'll post a thread showing the data and how it has changed over time. I've definitely been watching it though, and the gap is narrowing. But there's still a significant gap between a PSA 10 and an SGC 10. However, there's also a significant gap between a PSA 10 and a gold label SGC 10 in the other direction. The narrowing of that gap though is what interests me the most. How long might it take for them to catch up, if they ever could, remains to be seen. But if I'm looking to buy a nice copy of a high-end card that I intend to hold for at least 5 to 10 years, I'm buying it in an SGC holder because not only will I get the gains of whatever the future market value of that card is, I will also get the future gains of SGC's closing of the gap in pricing as they continue to gain market share (if that indeed continues, and I anticipate that it will).
My sense is that this narrowing is mostly due to PSA shutting most of their service down. I imagine that once they are accepting regular and economy orders again, things will trend back to how they have been.