View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 04:55 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I can't see paying that either for most cards.

And for a company that desperately needs a decent registry, that won't help.
One of my submissions way back included some really nice 81 Topps commons, figured it was worth a try on some more modern stuff on a special. At the time, a registry was pointless for those, since they had only graded maybe 25% of the set.
At $25, that's going to become a very static statistic.
Isn't a registry just about volume? Even as the #3 grader, I am sure SGC is doing hefty volume in today's market. As long as they are collecting the data, they can always put it together at some point. building these systems take time, but it seems they are making the investment.

I noticed on my last submission, SGC has all of my cards on file with pictures, through a link called "My SGC SellerReadyImages (Expanded Pilot)". Seems like they might be setting up a marketplace of some sort. Maybe PSA/BGS collect this info as well? I am not sure, but it's a really good idea.

What I can tell you is that Rome is not built in a day. But the steps SGC is taking is definitely building a better product and experience.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am not able to get deals on SGC cards. So I understand people look at the data and see discounted pricing. but IMO this is due to a lack of sales volume all together on specific cards.. I will buy ANY pre-1980 hall of famer in an SGC new slab at a 1-grade PSA discount (assume of course the card is properly graded). I am always looking so please PM me.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236

Last edited by Oscar_Stanage; 03-13-2021 at 04:57 AM.