View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 03:25 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeast View Post
I hadn't read that statement yet. Now that I have, I'll admit that I was overly harsh in what I wrote. I am rooting for SGC. I can see now why they've done this, but unfortunately it hurts the world of graded set building tremendously. It was a stretch to grade commons at the previous prices, even with specials, and this new change does not bode well for the future. Perhaps grading commons & building graded sets will become a thing of the past, and only valuable cards will be graded, but I don't think that SGC wants to see this happen.

I'll hold out hope that as the business stabilizes, there will be specials / bulk sub deals made available so that grading common cards makes any kind of sense again.
no one could have been ready for this surge in business... they had 7 employees!!! and they took all their cash flow and invested into the business. now as we sit here, SGC can actually handle the business volume. PSA and BGS basically did nothing to improve the model other than raise prices and give you 8 month wait times.
I do not understand why everyone is not using SGC from here on. And, a minor detail but they are the best and most consistent at the core competency of grading.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236