View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid_Conroy View Post
they posted a page long announcement on the website. they massively expanded their business and should be able to handle the peak daily submissions seen over the year with a 20-day turnaround. if not, they may raise prices again. it sounds like they want to use price to control submissions.
I hadn't read that statement yet. Now that I have, I'll admit that I was overly harsh in what I wrote. I am rooting for SGC. I can see now why they've done this, but unfortunately it hurts the world of graded set building tremendously. It was a stretch to grade commons at the previous prices, even with specials, and this new change does not bode well for the future. Perhaps grading commons & building graded sets will become a thing of the past, and only valuable cards will be graded, but I don't think that SGC wants to see this happen.

I'll hold out hope that as the business stabilizes, there will be specials / bulk sub deals made available so that grading common cards makes any kind of sense again.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson