View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default I Joined SABR Today!

Posted By: jay behrens

A good thing to do is locate you nearest regional chapter and try to make it to meetings. They always a good time and there is usually some interesting baseball related activity involved too.

When I joined back in the mid 80s, I thought I knew more about baseball and it's history than jsut about anyone. After joining SABR, I realized that was a mere neophyte. And I can bury just about anyone in Trivial Pursuit Sports edition but found out how little I really know after trying to answer the question at the Lefty O'Doul chapter meetings. If I got 15-25% of them right I felt I did good and there were guys getting most, if not all of them right.

gilbert, I wouldn't worry about not being able to travel those side paths. People are more than willing to help, but no one is going to tell you that you have to travel a certain direction with your research.

Jay

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- WOW, What a ride!