View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 11:56 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Default What's going on with all the issue's w/ Auction House's this year?!?!

After reading the madness going on with Crazy Uncle auctions and dealing with my own issues with other Ah's, I'm left to wonder what's happening with these AH's? The top guys (REA + Goldin) are top notch as always but its some of the other's you have to watch out for. Here are my issues: 1) Mile High Card auctions- I won a lot of PSA 9/10 BK rookies and when I got it in, the best card in the lot ,of course, was a PSA 7! Which is a $400 diff from what a PSA 9 is worth and also, this card was the reason I bid more than I planned to because as I was lead to believe it was a PSA 9. Almost a week since I sent them an email and no response, 2) Hunt auctions- won a lot of BB hof RC's and one card was described as vg/ex oc condition but when I had it in hand, it was so blatantly obvious that it was trimmed by like a 1/4 inch! and another lot of BB RC's I won had the cards listed as NM overall when a good majority had CREASES and rounded corners! Same thing as Mile High, a week and no response. and finally 3) Wheatland auctions- in their May auction there were a couple lots that on the last days were edited without any note being added to the lots as to why the BEST card(s) in the lot were taken out.

After a decade of buying/selling with AH's I haven't had any issues as close to these before with AH's and now all of a sudden this year it's like they just don't care because people are gonna buy/sell with them anyways.