View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default Place to Shop in London

Posted By: Judge Dred

Like Jay said, try Murray's Cards. It's a tube ride away from London, I believe zone 4 on the black line (Northern Line, get off at Hendon Central). After you get out of the tube station you will have to walk under the road to cross the street. You'll figure it out. Then go up the hill, it'll be the road on the right as you exit the station and you'll know what I mean about going up the hill. 51 Watford Way, Hendon Central, London NW4 3JH.

Tel 081 202 5688. I'm not sure if that number is still good but it's the last one I know of. The store stocks a lot of British tobacco cards and some US tobacco (N) cards. You probably wont find any sports (baseball) material there because he sells it to a few people in the US and if he does have any baseball material you can bet that he's going to charge you more than a US dealer would for the same material.

If you happen to be there on the (I think it's the third or first) third Sunday of the month they have a tobacco cards collectors show in London. This show's been going on for years. I've found lots of fun stuff there on several occassions but nothing much in the way of US baseball.

Give Murray a call and he can give you the details. I don't think he has a web site. You better watch out because you just might find yourself collecting Brit cards. There's so much of it and so many different subjects that it would be difficult not to find a set that might interest you. The number of sets from the 30' and 40's and earlier sell for less than $10 a set. That doesn't mean that all of the stuff is cheap but a lot of it is (relatively) inexpensive.