View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 02:13 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapolit1 View Post
don't see where there an fallacy buried in my argument, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Maybe pwcc is engaged in criminality. I have no idea. Perhaps some us attorney somewhere will shed some light on that in the near future and one of our board members will rise to their defense. I have no idea. But i assume with any auction on ebay, whether i am am bidding on cards, photos, spray bottles of lysol, or exercise equipment, that there is a very real possibility that the buyer may run the price up through his own actions (multiple ebay aliases) or with some good friends. That's why when i went on ebay last week looking for a pair of 45 pound dumb bells i did some research and decided in advance how much i wanted them and how high i would pay. And once they exceed that number i waved them goodbye.

Shipping on 45 lb dumbells would be more than the cost of the dumbells!!!

Quote=exhibitman;2030264]there will be plenty of drunk drivers on the road this saturday who don't barrel into a family coming home from grandma's house. Believe me, i learned first hand. The idea that all drunk drivers kill families is silly.

The logic of the 2nd statement mirrors the logic of the first. See the problem with the logic to both statements? Just because not every pwcc auction is shilled does not excuse or minimize the fact that a significant subset of pwcc auctions are shilled. If that doesn't bother you, bid away.
[/quote]

Last edited by ullmandds; 10-29-2020 at 02:14 PM.