View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 06:57 AM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Actually, not to be too much of a hardhead but You are wrong about a crease, to start with, according to the written standards. Not that it matters but this "crease" is a wrinkle as there is NO creasing on the back, it's a wrinkle. Even if it were a crease it wouldn't matter it should still be a higher grade ACCORDING TO PSA'S WRITTEN RULES. It should have easily been a 3 imo.....

I am surprised of the pushback and apparent ignorance of PSA's written standards on the PSA grading of the Mantle. It is clearly misgraded to me but of course I am bias. I am surprised though, the PSA advocates don't know these guidelines by heart. From their website-

"A PSA VG 3 card reveals some rounding of the corners, though not extreme. Some surface wear will be apparent, along with possible light scuffing or light scratches. Focus may be somewhat off-register and edges may exhibit noticeable wear. Much, but not all, of the card's original gloss will be lost. Borders may be somewhat yellowed and/or discolored. A crease may be visible. Printing defects are possible. Slight stain may show on obverse and wax staining on reverse may be more prominent. Centering must be 90/10 or better on the front and back."

Even when going to a PSA 4 their site says "A light crease may be visible."

With those standards this card easily qualifies for a 3 possibly a 3.5, imo......

If you feel that strongly- and I understand- what could you possibly have to lose by a resubmission. The card has a wrinkle/ crease. Resubmit to the TPG of your choice and if the card comes back any higher than 2.5- I will personally reimburse your submission fees. Go for it. And once more...Nice card