View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arexcrooke View Post
So would you rather have the best player play or would you rather have just Americans play?
that is perilously close to thinking before a certain #42 showed up on the scence.
I understand both sentiments here. It's not a racist thing...I don't believe he has anything against hispanics(I could be wrong though). BUT there is MAJOR damage being done to this country's financial structure, and to an extent, the fact that WE are paying WAY TOO MUCH for "foreign entertainment" isn't helping matters. Now I'm not saying that foreign players shouldn't be worth as much as American players, but I'd feel more comfortable knowing that the money I'm giving these guys will continue to stay in the US, rather than be funneled to some other country, and diminishing the total amount of US dollars circulating throughout the US. Baseball has almost become "high dollar foreign aid"..

Personally, baseball wise, I'm fine with things the way that they are now. But economically speaking, we have to understand that there are ramifications for this country in the long run.

Last edited by novakjr; 08-14-2011 at 09:17 AM.