View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 08:01 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
3-D nude pix of Anne Hathaway would be a start...schwinnggg!

Seriously, I agree with most of what's been written above and would add that the main ingredient missing today is fun. The various gimmicks that have developed have raised the financial stakes of busting packs so much that it is not about fun, just about gambling. If I was card-god I would insert 3-D cards or coins or Topps super type cards or a paper poster [one item per pack--none of this chase BS] in a small (under 100 cards) issue, no more glossy regular cards on fancy shmancy paper--just regular card stock, no more thick cards, no more parallel sets, no more factory sets. Autographed insert cards as true chases representing only the most elite player or two-perhaps the MVP or Cy Young award winners or he new HOF class--but on 2500 or so cards per player. The good old pink bubblegum in the pack. Smaller sets with fewer players and no manufactured SPs, so it isn't as much of a commitment to go after it. Used to be a couple of boxes would pretty much do it, plus a few acqusitions or trades, and that's enough to be fun. Much lower price points--no more three-figure boxes. I really wanted to bust a box of Topps A & G at the National but the price point deterred me.
Hmmmm! For a minute there, you had me thinking about the original Donruss Elite's... I'll second the sentiment about the nude pix of Anne Hathaway...

Last edited by novakjr; 08-14-2011 at 08:02 AM.