View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 12:02 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
100%% Agree Set Builders are a thing of the past especially when it comes to the younger generations who seems to only be interested in making profits off cards, vintage or modern. I get asked over and over again are you selling any of your Mantles, Ruth's or Jackies...
Agreed. Having never finished the 1972 Topps set, I was hellbent on completing the 1981 set. The thrill of opening packs and visiting card stores with my needs list. The satisfaction of finding the last few commons to complete the set. The frustration of spending close to $100 to complete the set and then attending my first show at the VFW in Dale City, VA and seeing a complete collated set for $20 at a dealers table. After that, I just purchased factory sets. The craziness of the 90's and my shift from new cards to vintage cards, autographs and memorabilia. Attending the Tuff-Stuff shows and monthly Tyson Corner shows. Dreaming of finally attending the National. Beckett's monthly magazine. Watching the entire market collapse only to rise again.

Sites like this one, with an array of hobby niches and knowledgeable collectors who willingly share and educate.