View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default How the postings on this board are organized - CONFUSING

Posted By: runscott

I just finished reading a response of Pete's to one of my posts on the "old gum cards" thread (which I promised not to reopen, but I couldn't resist!). I realized after all my posts that no one would have any idea what I was responding to, but since I had implicated someone for something they had nothing to do with, and I had yelled at Pete when I was wrong, I figured it was better than nothing.

To really follow these threads, you have to look at the indentation, which is extremely confusing. If it's indented, it's a response to the next post above it that is one indentation to the left. If it's not indented compared to the one above it, then it simply is a later response to the next one above it that IS indented to the left.

I know this is confusing, but I've seen several posts where people think that someone is responding to their post, and they AREN'T - if you understand the indentation thing, you won't make this mistake and you won't get your feelings hurt when someone else isn't even talking about you.

This is not like the CU Forum where all posts in a thread get stuck on the end regardless of what you are responding to. David confuses things even more by frequently responding to his own questions!

Having said that, yes Pete, I was apologizing, and no, I didn't add any additional posts after my apologies.