View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:43 AM
Dave

Not sure if this is relevant, but yesterday I was going through my storage room looking for a few items, when I stumbled across a box that had been sitting around for awhile.

Looked inside and it was a bunch of stuff I set aside for a customer a couple years ago. Inside the box was a paper with notations that mentioned his name, where he was from (Arizona), and a price list for all the stuff in the box.

In quotations on a piece of paper I wrote down "Will call back when he gets paid next week"

Well, he never called back.

Inside I saw, this guy had pretty good taste for future value. There was a Muhammad Ali card, + a full set with that card also in it. One priced at 12 bucks, and the other at $29.95. Both sell in the hundreds today. More if I decide to grade some of the stuff. The set also has a Pele card and a Jack Nicklaus card that people are chasing now.

There were also a bunch of Minty looking 80's Thomas Hearns Panini cards, that I was going to sell him for a couple bucks each.

Never was so happy that somebody didn't pay their bill.

I think it's ok to say, the guy lost out, and it may be time to take a higher offer.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 02-24-2021 at 11:17 AM.