View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 03:48 PM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
I need to get down toe Sarasota to catch some spring training. It's tough with my daughter still doing All Star Cheer and Dance. They have so many competitions that I'm travelling so much and run out of vacation. By the way where are you currently, home (Maine) or are you out and about?

Thanks for the postmark information on the Brooks postcard. That postcard had to be first produced in 1957 and I guess the O's could have kept producing into other years. Is the other Brooks postcard first produced in 1959?
We are in Sarasota until May. I'm not sure if the Brooks postcard is 1959 or earlier. It is part of the group that is generally classified as 1957-59, since many of the postcards were printed over a range of years and have been found with postmarks from different years. Old time postcard collectors, Dan Even and Bob Thing, kept some records of when they received certain cards from the Orioles, while others as best guess estimates. I don't believe there were any Brooks postcards before 1957, because the style before 1956 was much different (glossy photo postcard).