View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
The original poster didn't think this thread, and what he said, needs to have a name by it. It does. He said since he didn't name a company or person it was ok. I told him that if someone said what he said, about things in his companies auctions, would he want to know who is saying it? He didn't think so. I did. He's gone.

Michael, can you please train your guys in this forum about our rules .

The whole reason we have our rule about having a name in the post isn't because of some technicality or just to have another rule. It is merely making everyone stand behind what they say, or they can't say it on this board.

I always use my own litmus test for these issues as - "would I want to know who is saying that if they said it about me or my company?" If the answer for me is yes (and I am not conservative on this issue) then their name needs to be there. That goes for getting into debates or arguments or anything else on the board. thanks !!
Leon, I totally understand how imporant the rule is and I do let them know about using their name and some wild cards to limit google from finding them.

Your rule is totally reasonable and makes this site so good.

The two posters who got banned had some compelling comments - I wish they would follow the one basic rule.

Oh well, I'll keep trying!

Thanks for all your help Leon!