Thread: CNN card story
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 09:28 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I had a rather disturbing and perhaps emblematic inquiry from a buyer on an expensive card. In context, the card is a hot one and I decided to push the envelope and ask for a BIN price above the most recent sale a grade higher than the one I had. They guy first bombarded me with emails asking to buy the card for 25% less, which I ignored. I will just quote his last email so you can see what it is:

"Hi, I ended up hitting the buy it now. If it isn't too much of a problem, can I pay on Monday or Tuesday? I'm trying to get it on my next credit card cycle. Wife is killing me with this months bill as it is."

I am not this guy's keeper so I am not going to cancel the sale but when people are going into debt and hiding card purchases from their wives, that's a warning sign as far as I am concerned.
Hopefully this guy doesn't try and get a refund through eBay's generous refund policy in six months if the market drops significantly by then. That's one aspect of selling expensive cards through ebay that has scares the heck out of me.