View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 02:37 PM
Eric Perry

#40, Bob Turley. #52, Bob Grim. #223, Randy Jackson.

These are the last three cards I own that had not yet been posted. I find each of them beautiful, colorful, and filled with action. However, I'm going to take a break from my typical long-winded write-up on each card. Instead, I'll simply offer a few general thoughts.

When I picked these up a couple months ago, the world was a decidedly different place. Then, COVID-19 hit. As we turn the calendar from March into April, it has affected nearly every part of our lives. This, of course, includes collecting sports cards.

I realize that we'll have a return to normalcy someday, hopefully soon. When that day comes, I'll be looking forward to attending card shows, along with all the other things that have been postponed, rescheduled, or cancelled lately. Until that day, I plan to do something for which there is seldom enough time.

I'm going to take a good look at all that cardboard I've collected throughout the years. Additionally, while flipping through binders and sorting through boxes, I'll slow down and enjoy the experience. After all, I got these cards to enjoy them. For the time being, I think I'll do just that.

Stay healthy and safe, everyone.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra