View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Default A LAWYER STORY The PSA Case by Dan Mckee

Posted By: steve k

In my line of business, I have dealt with attorneys and lawsuits a number of times. Been both the plaintiff and the defendant. The suits have usually involved more money than this case with Dan. Every case has always wound up being settled out of court.

PSA of course is also running up their attorney fees. It's amazing to me that with all the negative publicity towards PSA, and for the "small" amount of money involved considering the legal fees, that PSA hasn't simply settled this case with Dan. They must have some ulterior motivation for not settling. Possibly to dissuade others from filing similar suits? In my opinion that is a bad idea for PSA if for no other reason than being bad business. Rather than settle with Dan and using this as an opportunity to make improvements to prevent further negative occurances, seems to me that PSA just wants to "bully" Dan through the legal system by running up his legal fees. The legal fees could/will windup being more than the card was worth. I've seen other companies do things like this before and it usually backfires on them. Even if PSA wins this case - they overall still lose.