View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 07:30 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topps206 View Post
McLain was there yesterday in Cincinnati at the Moeller Show, despite me not seeing him advertised.

So, I took a three-hour trek to Moeller yesterday for their Thanksgiving show for the second year in a row, with three new SIs added to the collection.

First was Pete Rose, by far and away the biggest attraction, but cheaper at $60 than I've seen him at other shows. I waited well more than an hour, as the VIP line was separate from the regular line. It's absolutely among my absolute favorites in the collection. There are a few other covers I wouldn't mind getting signed by him, but the cover of his I got signed was my favorite.

A few hours later came Will McEnaney and Clay Carroll. It was actually McEnaney who initially drew me to wanting to attend the Moeller Show, as he doesn't really sign by mail and I haven't seen him appearing at a show before, not any that I've paid attention to. It'd be nice to get Bench to complete it, though I know I'd also like to have Bench on a solo cover, too, since, when push comes to shove, I'll choose individual covers over solo covers.

Carroll was right next to McEnaney, and one of the later additions to the show. I've had a liking for this cover for a while. Hopefully, I can add the others, which consist of Gary Nolan, Jack Billingham and Don Gullett. Technically, 100% completion is impossible, because the pitcher obscured by Carroll throwing is the late Clay Kirby.

I had a blast, and will look to add to the SI collection in the next month or two.
All good covers. I have the Bench/McEnaney cover signed by both players. I have quite a few Rose covers but can't recall if I have that specific cover. I have always liked the spring training cover but when Kirby died, I would not be able to complete the cover. Gullet will be tough. Does not appear at a ton of shows. Got him on the Bill Purdom "Big Red Classic" lithograph at the Big Red Machine MAB show in NJ. Good luck!