View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 01:11 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
I thought the $61 price tag on a Cloughan error PSA 3 tonight on eBay was interesting. There were really only two bidders over $13, but a stronger price than I was expecting to see. I did have a $30 snipe on the card which never got triggered.

Anyone else here bidding on that one? Thoughts on the $61 final price? Maybe a few more people learning about this card?

I was the underbidder, I thought you might have been the winner lol. I figured posting about it would cause the price to go up a little, but I'm honestly surprised I lost this time. I've bid several hundred % of the second highest bids on the last few T218 errors. I figure this price is probably more of an anomaly; someone else just really wanted one. The market for these still seems to be incredibly thin.

EDIT: Just for frame of reference, I bought a Cloughan on eBay last year for a bid of $32.11. This is the only time, I believe, that the card has transacted publicly in a listing that correctly identified the error. I doubled my bid on this one, but someone else did too. The next one or two might go a bit high as well, but I don't think it will last. The market is very thin for these, with a handful of master set collectors and variation fans that might really care. If I hadn't placed my "overpay" bid, it would have sold for half of what it did. Sorry for driving the price up, to whoever won

EDIT 2: Just for tracking, attaching the card image of the PSA 3 that just sold. I believe all the known examples are now posted in this thread: the 3 copies I own and showed, the 2 Scooter729 has and posted, and now this one. This makes a known population of 6 cards so far, all with 649 backs. Would love to see any others you folks may have or know about. I didn't see a second copy until over a decade after acquiring the first one, and now 3 have appeared for public sale in the last 3 years, 2 of which were not identified as a variation by the seller. Interesting how the cycles work with availability.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (76.3 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by G1911; 12-16-2019 at 01:55 AM.