View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Default T206 w/ no red ink ends early on eBay. GRRR!

Posted By: Cat

Last week I bought a card from a board member where he had to cancel an EBay Listing. I had simply e-mailed him and asked if he had considered a buy it now price. He e-mailed me back with a high price and I jumped at it. I truly believe I paid more than he would of recieved had he let the auction run. I was just willing to pay the "opportunity cost." When we talked on the phone, he actually did not want to cancel the auction, even though I said I would pay what he wanted. I think he felt he may be bashed a bit on this board (he wasn't).

The price of the card when I e-mailed him (the card had ran slighly longer than 1 day) was $27. The price of the card when he cancelled the listing (listed a day and a half at that point) was a little over $50. I can't remember the exact amount. What did I pay for it...$850.

About a year ago, I was going to buy a 1914 Walter Johnson Cracker Jack card. The card had ran on EBay but didn't make the reserve. About a week after the auction ended I emailed him and offered $1,200. He declined and relisted the card the next week. I bought it for $1,085.