View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 10:06 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
It has to be a no-brainer that this will ultimately be the scenario of the future. Buyer has the option for this service; optional for the buyer, but mandatory for the seller if that's what the buyer wants to do. I'm not sure why this isn't how the program was started out in the first place. Definitely not my first choice as a seller, but even so, I could understand it.

I took the advice of someone in this thread and switched my listings back to the Trading Card Singles category and also included "Set Break" in the titles. I will be finding every way possible to dodge this unwanted bullet, even if that means having to list in other categories, risking far less traffic. I feel that the seller should have some say if they want to participate in something they deem unnecessary and ridiculous, but again, we all know that eBay is only geared towards buyers' experiences.

I was extremely fortunate with the only instance where I nearly had to send cards in to CSG. I contacted the buyer and explained how uncomfortable I was with this middleman entering the transaction. They immediately replied that they felt the same way and that they knew my offerings were legitimate. Very comforting to hear that, especially from a first time customer. The transactions were cancelled, relisted, re-purchased and sent directly to the buyer's address like a normal business transaction. Crazy, huh?
Add a second card to every auction, something worthless from the 80s. They don't authenticate if there are multiple cards being sold in a listing as I understand it.