View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Default The Depression of 2008

Posted By: boxingcardman

"I think I even shed a few tears, could not believe the US people actually voted this guy in a second time - SHOCKED!!!

steve"

Anyone still for handing the keys to the Social Security car to the drunk teenagers driving Wall Street? If so, please line up for your urine test. I want what you're smoking.

At last, someone pointed out that we here should hoard our oil in the ground and use up the rest of the world's supply. Why waste our resources?

The war is the 800# gorilla on our economy. We can't do squat at the Federal level when we're dumping $12 billion a week down a rathole. We need to crap or get off the pot, so to speak: admit that the war is an oil grab and move the damned Iraqis out of the oil fields and take what we need or just leave. Staying the course and bleeding to death for nothing is stupid.

Oh, right, cards. I am cutting my discretionary spending way back but cards are the last things to go. I enjoy them too much.

As far as real estate goes, it is very regionalized and the impact will likewise be regionalized. In Lancaster, a boomtown 75 miles from LA, prices are in a freefall as foreclosures sweep across the tracts; in Beverly Hills, not.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc