View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 10:48 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Ball-Hitter View Post
I don't know this for a certainty, but have to admit I've heard the same thing... numerous alterations done to deceive buyers by this company.

Now, for a person trying to "clean up" cards for their personal collection, I have absolutely no problem with the methods discussed. You own the card, do whatever your heart delights to do to it. Just don't improve it by unacceptable means (adding color, adding paper, trimming, etc) and then deceive a buyer by not disclosing.
Gone With The Stain’s whole schtick was that one can do what they want with their property (true and reasonable), and so they did all kinds of alterations to cards. The people paying for the service then tended to sell the cards without disclosure, which Gone with the Stain didn’t have anything to do with directly, they weren’t selling cards or consigning them. Of course they knew that the vast majority of their business was scammers, that’s the entire point of the operation, people aren’t paying a ton of money for high end alteration for a family keepsake, but keeping that separation where they don’t commit the fraud themselves was the basis of their operation.