View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 06:14 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I concur. Possibly a Yuenglings set, although it might push your budget (Ruth & Gehrig) and your completion time limits.

This is absolutely no knock on the poster recommending the Yuengling set, I personally think it is a great (and extremely underappreciated) set. However, based on your own admission of being a bit OCD, the Ruth card doesn't come up for sale very often and is going to be super expensive when/if it does. And there is also one, unbelievably rare common card in the set that apparently was super short printed so people couldn't easily collect the entire set and then turn it in for free ice cream. And I'm guessing that many of the few that did get printed were likely turned in for the free ice cream and were subsequently destroyed so they couldn't be used again. This is exactly what you said you did not want to have to deal with for your next set.

The E95 Philadephia caramel set suggestion is a good one, as were additional suggestions of one of the Playball sets, or even the Diamond Stars set. Let me also add in the '34-'36 Batter-Up set as another you may find interesting to look into. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by BobC; 06-09-2021 at 06:47 PM.