View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 03:09 PM
J@son Per1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
E95 it is then. Let me know when you finish the 1941 so I can get started.
haha, that is very good natured of you even if you don't intend to carry out on this promise.

I will agree with the venerable "rats60" that this is a fantastic set. I have been building a fairly modest version of it with raw cards and PSA/SGC cards graded from 2 to 6. The card stock is fantastic and the colors and design of the set seem ahead of its time. I don't think it has been particularly easy to build. Even as most vintage peaked in February and has since been correcting, the competition for cards in this set remains quite strong and has shown no signs of a correction from what I can tell. The relatively low pop counts no doubt factor into that.

Anyway there are art-deco qualities to this set that were ahead of their time.
Some of the cards such as the Vince D are straight up Warholesque. With only 72 cards it is approachable and having the Joe D in your back pocket is obviously a massive advantage. I'm 63 cards in and I still don't have the Joltin' Joe and that sucker has not declined a penny even as a lot of stuff has come down since February. I prefer his '39 which is much cheaper -- but the market is what it is.

I strongly endorse it.