View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 10:25 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Mickey Mantle and Sandy Koufax don't mean shit to anyone under 40. Just sayin'.

Why do people look at is as a bad thing when contemporary cards take off. It's a great thing. Keeps hobby vibrant. Kids today don't listen to Crosby Stills and Nash or the Doors or the Byrds They have their own musical heroes. Exactly as it should be. That's what keeps things moving.
Strongly disagree. Mantle was, is and will continue to be one of the strongest draws for me to collect. The Mick is iconic, there will always be people that want to collect him. I was barely a year old when he died, and the cards of his that I own, are my favorites in my small collection. It might be the minority but there's a good amount of people who grew up hearing stories about him from their fathers and grandfathers, and names like him and Koufax were the names thrown around when we were introduced to the Hobby.

Concerning your second point, I'll have you know that Crosby Stills Nash and Young is a hell of a group!

I could be wrong though. A good portion of the people I meet though are firmly convinced I'm a 75 year old man at heart, but I don't see anything wrong with that!