View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 09:00 PM
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagewhitesox View Post
great point. I am going to play devils advocate . I think I'd take the Trout over the Wagner.
I have seen Trout play in person, seen him his entire career. Seen the videos of him playing catch with a kid in the stands.
I feel a much more personal connection to a player I can watch hit tonight. Collecting is very personal. There's one thing we all can agree on though, buy what you like!
I'll go back to my post yesterday - Mike Trout is the best player today and the last 50 years and perhaps. EVER!!! Only Bonds can compare w/ efficiency of swing mechanics. Just listen to the 'real' baseball community, the D1 - D3 coaches, the professional htting coaches in the US. Bonds and Trout are the very best they've ever seen!! Bonds never had to juice, but he did because of ego.... so sad....

Mike Trout is the best. Forget injuries, strikes, pandemics. Mantle dealt with knee blowouts and constant hangovers from his alcholism and is still beloved and AWESOME!!!.... Trout is Mantle X2 - believe it and watch! The dude faces 95+ mph fastballs and UNGODLY offspeed pitches every single AB..... the MLB in the 50's and 60's don't even compare to the Double A these days guys. Look at the Tampa Bay Rays 1st round pick this year.... at 17 year old out of PA, Nick Bitsko - SITS 97 MPH!!! good luck after a late night bender!

Last edited by CJinPA; 08-24-2020 at 09:01 PM.