View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 06:08 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Oh, I agree that you will leave money on the table with BVG vs. PSA or SGC in the issues where those TPGs are entrenched, but that's not really what we were kicking around. I am thinking of BVG for items I do not want to sell because the slab itself is so much better constructed and the cards are individually mylar bagged inside. The cards I've amassed of my cousin, for example, aren't going to be sold out of our family, so for their long term enjoyment the BVG slab would seem to be the right choice.
I hear ya, Adam. I realize if I were actively buying and then selling cards often, I would lose money going the BVG route as opposed to PSA or SGC. However, I can live with getting less for a card in a BVG slab if I absolutely had to sell one. This doesn't happen to me much. I just tend to buy cards and keep them. Chances are any BVG card I did sell would be one that resided in the BVG holder to begin with (because I am not likely to submit cards for grading ). So, I would be ok with getting less than I might for an approximately equal PSA card because I gave less for it because it is in the BVG holder.